Monday, May 2, 2011

30 Day Challenge, Day 7~Poems For My Parent's

What Is A Dad?
A dad is someone who
wants to catch you before you fall
but instead picks you up,
brushes you off,
and lets you try again.
A dad is someone who
wants to keep you from making mistakes
but instead lets you find your own way,
even though his heart breaks in silence
when you get hurt.
A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail...
Dad, you're everything a dad should be and some.


Breanna and My dad, BooBoo
Thank You Mom
I know how often I took you for granted
when I was growing up.
I always assumed you'd be there
when I needed you...
and you always were.
But I never really thought about what that meant
till I got older and began to realize
how often your time and energy were devoted to me.
So now, for all the times I didn't say it before,
Thank you, Mom...I love you so very much! 


Breanna and my mom, Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment