Saturday, May 14, 2011

Interracial Dating

Many of us that are parent's, all we want for our children is happiness or at least that is what we tell ourselves and other people. Why do we get angry when our children date out of their race? My oldest daughter, Whitney, dated out of her race. The relationship didn't bother me but what bothered me was, the guy. The guy came to our house, visited, ate, and played with her younger siblings. What made me angry was they way he treated Whitney. He would make her cry, talk to other girls, and they would have many fights. I got asked many times why do I allow Whitney to date out of her race. Who am I tell her that she can't. I have dated out of my race. I seen the prejudice's on both sides. I have seen the looks that white girls get for dating a black guy and I have been to my boyfriend's house and couldn't use their bathroom because I was white. If a white, black, or Latino guy or girl is what makes my children happy, so be it. If you don't like it, then turn your head. I want my children to be happy and live their life to the fullest. I don't want them to marry a white guy because they think their family will be mad if they marry out of their race. I want them to marry the person who makes them happy and they can't live without. I wouldn't want my children to miserable and have a failed marriage because they sold their self short to make someone else happy. I couldn't imagine seeing my kid's miserable to make other people happy. If you are a racist person, then you need to look inside yourself and see what you are scared of. Are you scared to get to know them? Are you scared that you might fall in love with a person, who looks different than you? Think about it..

2 comments: